Share This Item:
SGAP5-2415 Oil Filter Sandwich Plate Kit short suit Toyota M24 x 1.5
Note: Kit includes sandwich plate and filter adaptor bolt
PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ FITTING NOTES
Our new for '22 Oil Filter Sandwich Plate kits help provide a solution to for those who need to add in additional senders/switches for their aftermarket gauges and don't have the room to use a conventional brass tee.
Predominantly for Toyota engines using M24x1.5 filters (as an example, the Z334 style oil filter), the SGAP5-2415 comes with 3 x 1/8" NPT take off ports for senders/switches and measures 90mm in diameter and is 35mm in depth. The SGAP5-2416 is a possible alternative where the longer SGAP6-2415 cannot be used due to filter clearance issues. If you do not have any filter clearance issues, we recommend you use the SGAP6-2415 filter adaptor kit. Please see fitting notes below.
• Machined from T6061 billet alloy
• 90mm diameter and 35mm thick sanwich plate
• 3 x 1/8-27 NPT accessory ports (blanking plugs supplied)
• Allows fitment of pressure and/or temperature senders and switches
• Dual channel sealing gasket (replacement spares available)
• 14mm oil filter seating face
Suitable for Toyota diesel engines using M24 x 1.5 filters where filter clearance may be an issue (see important fitting notes)
• Check your overall clearance from the end of your installed oil filter
• If you have >= 75mm clearance from the end of your filter, SAAS recommends you use the SGAP6-2415 filter adaptor
• If you have < 75mm clearance, you then need to check the overall length of your OE oil pump to filter bolt. This will require removal of your oil filter.
• Remove your oil filter and check length of filter bolt - from the bolt flange to the end of the bolt MUST BE LESS THAN 28mm. If it is >= 28mm, you will need to use the SGAP6-2415 and check for overall filter clearance - Please see product gallery last image for reference. The displayed OE bolt is NOT suitable with the SGAP5-2416.
• Mock up your sandwich plate with your intended accessories/senders/switches - HAND TIGHTEN ONLY at this stage
• Clean oil filter mount face and dummy fit the sandwich plate and bolt to the engine block by HAND TIGHTENING the oil filter adaptor bolt. The sandwich plate must seat flush against the block and not be able to be rotated once the oil filter adaptor bolt is hand nipped up. If you are able to rotate the sandwich plate at this point, you most likely have an oil pump bolt that is not suitable with the sandwich block. In this instance, use the SGAP6-2415
• Once you are sure you have no rotation, remove the sandwich plate and provide a smear of oil to the gasket face and re-seat against the block.
• Slowly align the sandwich plate so your accessory outlets are facing the desired direction (see image below).
• Carefully tighten the oil filter adaptor bolt to 60Nm (44 ft lbs) whilst ensuring the plate does not rotate and avoid pinching/twisting the plate-to-block gasket.
• Remove and re-seat your accessories/senders/switches - even though these are 1/8NPT ports, it is recommended you apply a small amount of thread sealer or PTFE tape to avoid possible leaks.
• Proceed with oil filter installation per OE requirements.